Online Guitar Lessons via Skype
I now offer Skype Guitar Lessons. You can learn Guitar, Bass Guitar, Ukulele or Music Theory with me online via skype or google hangouts. This service is available to pupils anywhere in the world. Don’t worry about the time or currency differences, I will deal with that side of things.
We will be able to see and hear each other and your lesson notes will be emailed to you prior to your lesson, or shortly afterwards for any new topics covered during the lesson.
The benefits of skype lessons:
- Save time & money on travelling
- Have lessons from the comfort of your own home
- Have lessons when you are on the move (stuck at the office or on a business trip etc)
Skype Guitar Lessons Booking Procedure:
- Arrange your lesson with me by phone or email
- Once the lesson has been arranged, I will send you a PayPal payment request
- You must pay for your lesson at least 48 hours in advance otherwise it will be cancelled. Lesson fees are non-refundable
- I will send you a link to click on (for Google Video Chat), or call you via Skype at your designated lesson time – please make sure that you are logged in
If you have something in particular that you would like to work on, please let me know in advance of your lesson so that I can prepare any PDF worksheets I may need to email to you. I usually email any PDFs before your lesson.
During the lesson we will be able to see and hear each other. If possible, please test your video and sound in advance of your lesson and find a position where I will be able to see both of your hands on screen at the same time.
Skype Guitar Lessons Requirements:
- A working internet connection
- A webcam* with sound (we need to be able to see and hear each other)
- Your instrument – please tune it in advance if possible
- A computer, tablet, smartphone or similar device with the latest version of Skype installed, or a free Gmail account if we are using Google Video Hangouts. Both services are free to use.
- The ability to open PDF files. Adobe Reader is free to download and use
For more information, see Video Calling on Skype
See my Resources Page for further advice.